Proofreading and copy-editing for students
When is professional proofreading and copy-editing beneficial?
Free of spelling mistakes, correct in content, methodically correct and in scientifically adequate language - this is how an academic text should be, starting with term papers or seminar papers up to the final thesis (bachelor's thesis, master's thesis or diploma thesis) or doctoral dissertation. For a variety of reasons, situations may arise in which help is needed, for example:
- Choose our proofreading service if you are unsure about spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure (syntax).
- Choose our copy-editing service if you are unsure about your general language skills or about your language skills regarding your specialist field.
- Choose our editing and/or coaching if you are unsure about scientific writing: basic questions about how a scientific paper should be structured and ultimately written.
- Choose our coaching if you have inadequate time management - usually neglected or not learned and practised, so that time pressure arises, which is a frequent problem, especially while writing the final thesis.
- Choose our copy-editing service for foreign language problems because the thesis is written in a language other than your own mother tongue.
This is where we come in as professional service providers by helping you with our expertise - by proofreading your academic text to remove final mistakes or by copy-editing your academic text if you have major difficulties with academic language. Similarly, we offer specialist editing services for some subject areas and issues, helping you to put the finishing technical touches to your paper or thesis.
We proofread and copy-edit your student or academic texts:
- Term paper / Seminar paper
- Bachelor thesis
- Master thesis
- Diploma thesis
- State examination thesis
- Essays / Articles / Scientific Papers
We also offer coaching on request, from brainstorming to the structure and writing of your paper or thesis - just ask us and we can clarify the details and further procedure in an initial free consultation.
Our prices for students:
- Proofreading: from €3.25/1,800 characters, incl. VAT
- Copy-editing: from €4.75/1,800 characters, incl. VAT
- Coaching: €50,00 per 1 time hour, incl. VAT
- Minimum order value: €35 incl. VAT
Our core areas for proofreading and copy-editing academic texts are:
- Business administration (BWL) (including marketing, controlling, financial management, human resources)
- Economics (VWL)
- Engineering (e.g. mechanical engineering, civil engineering, construction management, computer science)
Editing and formatting
On request, we can also improve typographical errors (different fonts, inconsistent font sizes as well as line spacing) as well as check, correct and format page numbers and footnote numbering, headings, numbering of tables and figures. For more information, please click here.
We also format your thesis so that all you have to do is print it out and bind it. You will receive your print-ready thesis in both an editable format (e.g. Word) and a non-editable format (PDF).
References and Lists
Do you also want us to check and correct the lists of your work (bibliography, list of figures, list of tables, list of abbreviations), footnotes and citations for consistency and coherence? - We would be pleased to do this for you - just ask us: for more information, please click here.
Request an offer, or further information!
If you have any further questions about our proofreading, editing, translation and copy-writing services, or if you would like to request a quote, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone on 00351 932 783 441 or use our contact form.